Guests Most Commonly Asked Questions
1. Is The Viking Hotel reception open 24 hours a day?
2. What is the check-in time at The Viking Hotel? 3.00PM
3. Does The Viking Hotel provide early check-in?
Yes, subject to availability
4. What is the check-out time at The Viking Hotel?
5. Does The Viking Hotel provide late check-out?
Yes, subject to availability, on request only with extra charge applicable
6. Does The Viking Hotel offer wake-up calls?
Yes, ask reception
7. Is it possible to upgrade my room at The Viking Hotel?
Yes, subject to availability with extra charge applicable
8. Can The Viking Hotel arrange for amenities or gifts to be placed in the room?
Yes, once prearranged with the team
9. What times are the rooms serviced at The Viking Hotel?
Between 9.00am- 2.00pm
10. Is there somewhere I can store my luggage at The Viking Hotel?
Yes, we can hold luggage behind reception, (the hotel does not take any responsibility etc?)
11. Does The Viking Hotel provide laundry service during my stay?
No, but we can contact the local laundrette and the guest can pay them directly
12. What food & drink options are available at The Viking Hotel?
Wooden Pestle Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner and Beverages, there is vending machines located on the 2nd and 3rd Floor also
13. Are there any 24-hour services at The Viking Hotel?
Yes, reception is open 24-hour.
14. Does The Viking Hotel provide international adaptors?
International adaptors are available in the vending machine
15. Does The Viking Hotel offer currency exchange?
16. Can I book sightseeing tours directly at The Viking Hotel?
No but we have a wide range of brochures available in the hotel promoting the sightseeing attractions
17. Does The Viking Hotel provide printing facilities for boarding passes?
We don’t have any guest printing access but yes, we can print boarding passes at reception
18. What should I do if my flight is delayed when staying at The Viking Hotel?
We can offer a later check out, likewise hold your luggage if you are heading out an about or we can extend your stay subject to availability
19. What type of room can I book at The Viking Hotel?
We have different rooms available as well as accessible rooms. Standard: Double/ Double single/ Triple/ Family Room
20. Are pets permitted at The Viking Hotel?
Only Guide Dogs are permitted in the hotel
21. Is wi-fi available at The Viking Hotel?
22. Does The Viking Hotel have lifts?
23. Is The Viking Hotel air-conditioned?
The Public areas - reception and restaurant - are. Bedrooms are not.
24. Does The Viking Hotel sell gift vouchers?
Yes, give the gift of unforgettable memories to someone special.
25. What is The Viking Hotel smoking policy?
Viking Hotel Waterford is a non-smoking establishment. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in 150 Euro being deducted from your credit / debit card.
26. Can I park a car at The Viking Hotel?
Yes, the Viking Hotel has a large free car park facility onsite
27. Can I rent a car at The Viking Hotel or nearby?
Nearby you can hire a car at: Hertz Car Hire 1.30m
Enterprise Car & Van Hire – Waterford 400m
28. Where are the car parking spaces located at The Viking Hotel?
Car Park to the rear and front of the hotel
29. Does The Viking Hotel have toiletries available in the rooms?
Yes, all rooms are supplied with toiletries- shower gel/ shampoo/ soap/ toilet roll
30. Which room amenities are available at The Viking Hotel?
We have many amenities that vary between types of rooms, like television, hair dryer, towels, etc.
31. Does The Viking Hotel bathrooms have showers or baths?
Yes we have baths/showers, we do also have room with accessible walk-in showers
32. What can I do if I forgot something at The Viking Hotel?
Contact reception for assistance and we will do our very best to help you
33. What is the best way to make a reservation at The Viking Hotel?
Directly with the hotel by phone or via our hotel website
34. How much does it cost to stay at The Viking Hotel?
All rates/ dates have different pricing schedules and are subject to availability contact the hotel for the best rate available. Discover our offers.
35. Does The Viking Hotel room rates include breakfast?
Yes, but we do also offer room only rates
36. Does The Viking Hotel room prices include VAT?
37. What is The Viking Hotel card policy?
All bookings need to be secured with a valid credit or debit card of the person’s name on the booking
38. Are there any direct booking fees for The Viking Hotel?
No fees and we offer a €10 guaranteed discount when booking directly
39. What payment methods are accepted at The Viking Hotel?
Cash or Card
40. Is the online booking procedure secure at The Viking Hotel?
Booking on our hotel website is secure
41. How do I make a group or multiple room booking for The Viking Hotel?
You can check our offers or contact the hotel directly for the best rate guaranteed
42. What should I do if I haven't received a booking confirmation for The Viking Hotel?
Contact the hotel and we can send that on to you immediately
43. How can I request an invoice for a stay at The Viking Hotel?
We can send invoice immediately on departure however if you didn’t receive, please contact us and we can send it straight away
44. Can I make a booking on behalf of another person for The Viking Hotel?
Yes, we do need written confirmation of all parties arriving to the hotel
45. Are there any age restrictions for booking a room at The Viking Hotel?
The main booker needs to be over 18 years of age
46. What is the secure deposit at The Viking Hotel?
Secure deposit for accommodation would be dependent on size and nature of the booking.
47. What do I do if I lose my reservation number for The Viking Hotel?
Contact the hotel we can re- issue you with your confirmation number
48. How can I amend my The Viking Hotel booking?
Bookings can be amended by calling directly to the hotel or on the website where the booking was made
49. What is The Viking Hotel cancellation policy?
Guests can cancel for free 24 hours prior to your arrival if booked directly through the hotel’s website or directly on the phone. If cancellation is less than 24 hours, payment for one night will be taken from the card with which the reservation was made. Most third-party website policy is that guest can cancel free of charge until 2 days before arrival. The guest will be charged the cost of the first night if they cancel in the 2 days before arrival.
50. How can I cancel my reservation for the viking hotel?
By calling the hotel directly or using the booking site where the reservation was made.
51. How can I cancel my reservation for The Viking Hotel if I booked through a third-party website?
Through the site where the reservation was made.
52. What does the "no-show" policy entail at The Viking Hotel?
In case of a “no-show” a payment for one night will be taken from the card with which the reservation was made.
53. Are children welcome at The Viking Hotel?
54. Does The Viking Hotel have family rooms available?
55. Does The Viking Hotel offer any enhancement to your family rooms?
56. Does The Viking Hotel have any special family stay offers?
The hotel website would have the family fun packages with available dates and prices.
57. Are there babysitting services available at The Viking Hotel?
58. Does the Viking Hotel have a kids' dinner menu?
Yes, a children's menu is available at the Wooden Pestle.
59. What children's facilities are available at The Viking Hotel?
60. Does The Viking Hotel provide baby-changing facilities?
Yes, here are baby-changing facilities in the public restrooms.
61. Does The Viking Hotel have accessible rooms?
Yes, the hotel has double and twin accessible rooms.
62. Does The Viking Hotel have accessible parking spaces?
Yes, they are located close to the main door of the hotel.
63. Does The Viking Hotel have a step-free entrance?
64. Does The Viking Hotel have automated main door opening?
65. Is The Viking Hotel entrance wide enough for a wheelchair?
66. Are guide dogs/service dogs welcome at The Viking Hotel?
Guide dogs are welcome to the hotel.
67. Is there a wheelchair accessible bathroom near The Viking Hotel foyer?
Yes, it's located in the restaurant/bar.
68. Does The Viking Hotel have wetrooms/accessible showers?
Yes, our accessible rooms have walk-in showers.
69. Does The Viking Hotel have a wheelchair accessible lift?
70. Does The Viking Hotel have a restaurant on site?
Yes, The Wooden Pestle restaurant and bar.
71. Does The Viking Hotel have a bar?
Yes, The Wooden Pestle restaurant and bar.
72. What are the opening hours of The Viking Hotel bar?
Monday to Thursday the bar is opened from 12:30pm to 11:30pm, on Friday/Saturday/Sunday the bar is opened from 12:30pm to 12:30am.
73. What is The Viking Hotel policy on bookings in the bar?
Advanced booking is advised but is not essential.
74. Are children allowed in The Viking Hotel Bar?
Yes, up to 9pm with supervision of parent/guardians.
75. Is a reservation for dinner required at The Viking Hotel?
Yes, it's advisable to reserve a table for dinner to ensure there will be one available for you.
76. What time do The Viking Hotel serve breakfast?
Weekdays from 7am to 10:30am, weekends and bank holiday Mondays from 8am to 11am.
77. Does The Viking Hotel offer breakfast in bed?
Unfortunately, we do not offer room service, however food can be brought up to the room by the guest.
78. What dining options are available at The Viking Hotel?
The Wooden Pestle restaurant serves full Irish breakfast and continental options, lunch with carvery specials and evening a la carte menu.
79. Does The Viking Hotel cater for vegetarians, vegans, people with gluten free diets and coeliacs?
Yes, it is best we know any special dietary requirements of our guests in advance so that our chefs are informed in advance.
80. Can I charge my bar and restaurant bills to my room at The Viking Hotel?
Yes, if the front office has your card details on file.
81. Can I book a private dining space for a special occassion at The Viking Hotel?
Best to contact the hotel directly who will be able to tell you of anything available.
82. Does The Viking Hote cater for large groups?
Yes, please contact us directly for best available packages.
83. Are there meeting and conference room facilities available at The Viking Hotel?
Yes, we have 5 meeting rooms available.
84. How many people can The Viking Hotel meeting rooms accommodate?
2 - 80 people.
85. What equipment is included in The Viking Hotel meeting rooms?
Projector, screen, flipchart, pens, paper, lectern and laptop connection to projector.
86. Are there food and beverage options available for meetings at The Viking Hotel?
Yes, we have a wide range of meeting refreshment packages available to cater for your morning/ lunch and afternoon break.
87. How can I book a meeting, conference, or event space at The Viking Hotel?
Contact us directly at the hotel to discuss your requirements.
88. Does The Viking Hotel have corporate rates available?
Yes, we have very competitive rates available contact the hotel direct for the best rate guaranteed.
89. What are the coordinates of The Viking Hotel?
Cork Rd, Waterford, X91 Y657
90. How far is The Viking Hotel from Waterford centre?
The hotel is approximately 4km from the city centre.
91. How do I get to The Viking Hotel by public transport?
Intercity Waterford Bus (W1) brings you to the closest bus stop location about 5-minute walk from the hotel.
92. How close is The Viking Hotel to Waterford top events, sports and music venues?
WIT Arena 2km, Waterford GAA 2.8km, Waterford FC 2.8km, and Theatre Royal 4.4km.
93. Are there any shopping areas nearby to The Viking Hotel?
Waterford Retail Park is located just across the hotel.
94. What is there to see and do around The Viking Hotel?
Local attractions include: The Greenway, House of Waterford Crystal, The Viking Triangle, Mount Congreve House & Gardens and Suir Valley Railway.
95. Are the surrounding areas of The Viking Hotel safe?
96. Does The Viking Hotel provide car parking facilities?
Yes, there’s a free car park to the rear and front of the hotel.
97. Does parking need to be pre-booked at The Viking Hotel?
No, it’s subject to availability.
98. Are there any alternative car parking options nearby to The Viking Hotel?
99. Which popular attractions are close to The Viking Hotel?
All located in the city centre, about 4km from the hotel: Medieval Museum, Bishop’s Palace, The Viking Triangle, Reginald’s Tower, House of Waterford Crystal, Waterford Treasures, Curraghmore House and Gardens, Mount Congreve Estate, King of the Vikings Virtual Reality Experience and The Greenway. Other local popular attractions include The Copper Coast Geopark and Ardmore Cliff Walk and Monastery.
100. What are some restaurants close to The Viking Hotel?
There are many restaurants located in the city centre, approximately 4km from the hotel.
101. Are there any historical sites close to The Viking Hotel?
Reginald’s Tower 4.5km, Waterford Greyfriars (ruined friary & church) 4.4km, Waterford Treasures: Medieval Museum (Treasures of Medieval Waterford) 4.4km, Clock Tower 5km, Knockeen Dolmen 4.5km.
102. Does The Viking Hotel have any great views?
The Hotel is located on the fringe of Waterford City we are low sized property with no major panoramic view, at the rear of the property there is a view of countryside.
103. What is the nearest airport to The Viking Hotel?
Waterford Airport is located 12km from the hotel.
104. How far is The Viking Hotel from Waterford Airport?
Waterford Airport is located 12km from the hotel.
105. Does Waterford Airport provide a shuttle service from the hotel to the airport?
106. What is the best way to drive from Waterford Airport to The Viking Hotel?
Follow Outer Ring Rd/R710 and R708, keep straight through the roundabouts, at the 5th roundabout take the 3rd exit onto R708.
107. How do I use public transport to get from The Viking Hotel to Waterford Airport?
Unfortunately, there are no direct public transport links available to get to Waterford Airport. However, a taxi company can be used to get to the airport.
108. How will my details be used at The Viking Hotel?
The Viking Hotel follow the GDPR guidelines guests can tick the opt out of any future mailings.