at the Viking Hotel Waterford
Viking Hotel Waterford is the perfect location for sports teams to stay when travelling to Waterford. We have played host to many national and international sports teams. Our team is happy to discuss your requirements with regards to team meeting/physio rooms, dining menus and schedules plus more to ensure your visit to Waterford is a smooth one.
Sports Packages include
- Our exec chef and his team will prepare a selection of healthy balanced meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner and pre/post match snacks.
- Private and semi-private dining areas are subject to availability.
- Team meeting rooms with separate space for physio and kit as required.
- Choice of bedrooms – single, twin or triple available.
- Free onsite parking for both cars and the team bus.
Sports in Waterford
The Viking Hotel Waterford is located within minutes of many sporting facilities.
- SETU Sports Arena (formerly WIT Arena), the largest multi sport arena in the south east.
- RSC Waterford, this is home to Waterford F.C of the League of Ireland.
- Walsh Park GAA Stadium, home to Waterford Gaelic Football & Hurling Teams.
- Waterford City Rugby Club.
- St. Anne’s Tennis Club.
There are also a selection of training pitches located in Waterford.
- The Viking Hotel Waterford will ensure your team’s visit to Waterford is a success and we offer a variety of options for accommodation requirements.
- Our contemporary bedrooms are ideal for teams. Choose from single, twin and triple occupancy.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel.
- Free onsite parking to accommodate both cars and the team bus.
The Waterford Greenway
The Waterford Greenway is a spectacular 46km off-road cycling and walking trail along an old railway line between Waterford and Dungarvan. Enjoy a beautiful, scenic journey across three tall viaducts from the river to the sea. You can begin your Greenway Journey from WIT Campus, just 4km away, where you can also rent bikes.
Wooden Pestle Restaurant
Our Wooden Pestle Restaurant has a large enough dining space to cater for the team’s food requirements. The Wooden Pestle serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. We can offer packages including dining for teams staying with us. For teams not staying with us we can offer pre and post match meals in our restaurant.
We offer top quality conference facilities and superb catering options in our meeting rooms, perfect for team meetings! We also offer smaller meeting room space for physio or medics.